Wednesday, March 19, 2008

i like to write

i am a blog connoisseur. i like to read about what is going on with people and hear their thoughts and see their pictures. i think its probably because i am too lazy to actually talk to them and hear about it directly. blogs are so easy.

i don't know what makes me think that people will care to read about my days and my thoughts but i care to share them so i'll read em again sometime if nothing else.


i became an avid blog reader before last summer. i knew i was going on tour with a band and i knew the bassist wrote a blog. thats basically all i knew about him at all actually but i decided to be a creeper and read it. i figured i might as well learn what it will be like to spend my months living with a bunch of guys i didn't know and perhaps this blog would help.

nothing helped. haha the first week was awkward and uncomfortable to be the only girl, doing a job that no one had taught me, while being judged by strangers. they didnt judge cause they were jerks or anything but solely because who the heck was i to them. haha i mean i came into their tiny living space and was a chick which meant they had to keep their clothes on when i was around. thankfully they did though. plus i judged them too i'm sure.

i eventually broke enough out of my shy shell to get to know them. for that i am truly thankful. i literally had the best summer of my life and i spent it with some amazing people. i don't think i could ever find the appropriate words to share with them on what they did for my life or my heart that summer. i wouldn't say that i came out of the summer being best friends with every person on that bus but i would say that i came out with a couple. but perhaps the ones i am not friends with taught me more about how to live my life anyways.

i used to expect everyone to like me because i was nice, christian, and easy going. what was i thinking? i of course need to earn respect and appreciation. i hope i did that even in the slightest.


outside of that bus my whole life was changing. i was trying to make friends, i was planning my day around the meals i would really hope to eat, i was having my heart broken daily and only sometimes did i have a person to share it with, and i was thinking about my impending move to virginia.

luckily for me though i was working pretty much all day and all night it felt like so i didn't have much time to think about things. even more lucky for me now is that it's all sorted out or settled.

life is great.

ps. i did meet my best friends on tour too, they just weren't on the bus. i am so thankful for them because they came around when i needed them the most and they played as openers or they helped sell merch or they just made me laugh.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

I sometimes laugh too.

:)

I think you are going to be a very fine blogger.

xoxox :)

Anonymous said...

I wuv you <3

The Scherms said...

I hope you don't mind I added your blog to my blog:) AND I changed your name, since in NOVA you are Jan:):)

The Eccentric Blonde said...

hi friend! had to stop by and check out your blog. :) can't wait to see what you're up to these days!